Planters and the farming community at large are hereby informed that AGRO-CHEMICAL RETAIL OUTLETS selling agricultural inputs such as fertilizers and seeds are authorized to operate as from Saturday 11th April 2020 subject to the following conditions:
- The said retail outlets may operate from Monday to Saturday from 6 am to noon only;
- The said retail outlets should have a valid trade license;
- The said retail outlets shall operate for the sale of agricultural inputs only (fertilisers, pesticides, seeds)
- Traders should have a valid Work Access Permit issued by the Commissioner of Police to travel from their place of residence to their trade premises (where applicable);
- Traders should at all times observe all sanitary conditions imposed by the Ministry of Health and Wellness. Traders should wear masks and gloves. Social distancing should be observed on trade premises.
This Communique is issued after consultations held with the Office of the Commissioner of Police
Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food Security
10th April 2020.